Your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement explains what personal data Infomat collects from you, through our interactions with you and through our products, and how we use that data. References to Infomat products in this statement include Infomat services, apps and software.
This statement applies to Infomat’s interactions with you and the Infomat products.
Personal data we collect
Infomat collects data to operate effectively and provide you the best experiences with our products. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you register for a newsletter or contact us for support. We get some of it by recording how you interact with our products by, for example, using technologies like cookies.
You have choices about the data we collect. When you are asked to provide personal data, you may decline.
The data we collect depends on the context of your interactions with Infomat the choices you make, including your privacy settings, and the products and features you use. The data we collect can include the following:
Name and contact data. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
We also collect information you provide to us and the content of messages you send to us, such as feedback and product reviews you write, or questions and information you provide for customer support. When you contact us, such as for customer support, phone conversations or chat sessions with our representatives may be monitored and recorded.
How We Use Personal Data
Infomat uses the data we collect for three basic purposes, described in more detail below:
- To operate our business and provide (including improving and personalizing) the products we offer
- To send communications, including promotional communications
Providing and improving our products. We use data to provide and improve the products we offer and perform essential business operations. This includes operating the products, maintaining and improving the performance of the products, developing new features, conducting research, and providing customer support. Examples of such uses include the following:
- Providing the Products. We use data to carry out your transactions with us and to provide our products to you. Often, those products include personalized features and recommendations that enhance your productivity and enjoyment, and automatically tailor your product experiences based on the data we have about your activities, interests and location.
- Customer support. We use data to diagnose product problems, repair customers’ devices, and provide other customer care and support services.
- Product Improvement. We use data to continually improve our products, including adding new features or capabilities.
- Security, Safety and Dispute Resolution. We use data to protect the security and safety of our products and our customers, to detect and prevent fraud, to confirm the validity of software licenses, to resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. Our security features and products can disrupt the operation of malicious software and notify users if malicious software is found on their devices.
- Business Operations. We use data to develop aggregate analysis and business intelligence that enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions, and report on the performance of our business.
Communications. We use data we collect to communicate with you and personalize our communications with you. For example, we may contact you by phone or email or other means to inform you when a subscription is ending, discuss your licensing account, let you know when security updates are available, … Additionally, you can sign up for email subscriptions and choose whether you wish to receive promotional communications from Infomat by email or physical mail.
Advertising. We use data we collect through our interactions with you to send newsletters.
Reasons We Share Personal Data
We share personal data with vendors or agents working on our behalf for the purposes described in this statement. For example, companies we’ve hired to assist in protecting and securing our systems and services may need access to personal data to provide those functions. In such cases, these companies must abide by our data privacy and security requirements and are not allowed to use personal data they receive from us for any other purpose. We may also disclose personal data as part of a corporate transaction such as a merger or sale of assets.
Finally, we will access, transfer, disclose, and preserve personal data, including your content, when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to:
- comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies;
- protect our customers, for example to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of our products, or to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury of anyone;
- operate and maintain the security of our products, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks; or
- protect the rights or property of Infomat, including enforcing the terms governing the use of the services – however, if we receive information indicating that someone is using our services to traffic in stolen intellectual or physical property of Infomat, we will not inspect a customer’s private content ourselves, but we may refer the matter to law enforcement.
How to Access & Control Your Personal Data
You can view, edit, or delete your personal data online. You can also make choices about Infomat’s collection and use of your data.
Your Communications Preferences
You can choose whether you wish to receive promotional communications from Infomat by email or physical mail. If you receive promotional email from us and would like to opt out, you can do so by following the directions in that message. You can also make choices about the receipt of promotional email and postal mail by updating your contact preferences.
Your Advertising Choices
You may opt out of receiving advertising from Infomat by visiting our opt-out page.
Cookies & Similar Technologies
Security of Personal Data
Personal data collected by Infomat will be stored and processed in your region. The storage location is chosen in order to operate efficiently, to improve performance, and to create redundancies in order to protect the data in the event of an outage or other problem. We take steps to ensure that the data we collect under this privacy statement is processed according to the provisions of this statement and the requirements of applicable law wherever the data is located.
Our Retention of Personal Data
Infomat retains personal data for as long as necessary to provide the products and fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements. Because these needs can vary for different data types in the context of different products, actual retention periods can vary significantly. The criteria used to determine the retention periods include:
- How long is the personal data needed to provide the products and operate our business? This includes such things as maintaining and improving the performance of those products, keeping our systems secure, and maintaining appropriate business and financial records. This is the general rule that establishes the baseline for most data retention periods..
- Is there an automated control, that enables the customer to access and delete the personal data at any time? If there is not, a shortened data retention time will generally be adopted.
- Is the personal data of a sensitive type? If so, a shortened retention time would generally be appropriate.
- Has Infomat adopted and announced a specific retention period for a certain data type? No
- Has the user provided consent for a longer retention period? If so, we will retain data in accordance with your consent.
- Is Infomat subject to a legal, contractual, or similar obligation to retain the data? Examples can include mandatory data retention laws in the applicable jurisdiction, government orders to preserve data relevant to an investigation, or data that must be retained for the purposes of litigation.
We will update this privacy statement when necessary to reflect customer feedback and changes in our products. When we post changes to this statement, we will revise the « last updated » date at the bottom of the statement. If there are material changes to the statement or in how Infomat will use your personal data, we will notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes before they take effect or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement to learn how Infomat is protecting your information.